Yipit is the technology layer for sales and deals. Aggregating, structuring and personalizing this complex space is an extremely challenging problem, and we’re just getting started. To do so we’ve built one of the strongest teams in New York.
Typical problems our team is solving
If you're world class in one of these areas, leave your info and we'd love to tell you more about what it's like to work at Yipit.
We're one of the leading Django shops in New York, and our code goes from development to production fast. We have high levels of test coverage, strong CI infrastructure, and automated deployments. We’re looking for extraordinary software engineers comfortable with web applications, databases and distributed systems. The number of years of experience is not important to us.
Learn more about us here, and if interested send a link to your GitHub, LinkedIn or equivalent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll take a look shortly.
Yipit Data Engineer
Yipit Data develops clever ways to learn about businesses through the data they expose online. We specialize in acquiring this difficult to obtain but extremely valuable information through modern, large-scale technology.
Our engineers are excited about the following:
- The data we provide is often extremely challenging to acquire at scale, usually meaning millions of data points per hour.
- Our technology is a significant competitive advantage. We firmly believe that a quality code base, with high levels of test-coverage, strong infrastructure support, and automated/continuous deployments is an asset that constantly increases in value.
- We move very quickly from idea to execution. Everyone on our team needs to be able to easily understand new industries, the key metrics driving them, and how we can leverage technology to produce insight.
- The work is highly varied, and difficult to anticipate. Our sources constantly change so a solution that worked last week may not work this week.
We work primarily in python but believe that the right tool should be utilized for the right problem. Yipit promotes strong engineering and company cultures; candidates should be committed to being a part of a fast growing start-up.
We offer highly competitive salary, equity, and excellent benefits.
We are highly selective, however, we can make decisions very quickly for the right people. If interested send your GitHub, LinkedIn or equivalent to email@example.com.
Data Product Analyst
Are you a consulting or banking analyst looking to get into the startup world?
Yipit is a fast growing, data-driven tech startup in New York and we’ve raised $7+ million from blue-chip VCs. We’re offering a rare analyst role to help build out of all parts of our Yipit Data business.
You’ll gain valuable experience in:
- Analytics: Work with massive amounts of incredibly interesting data. Your comfort with manipulating large data sets and deriving meaningful insights from them, without losing sight of the details, will be critical.
- Customer and Product Development: Work with clients to refine current offerings and develop new product lines to fit their needs. Analyze market demand to determine optimal pricing for new products.
- PR: Develop relationships with reporters from leading publications – WSJ, Bloomberg, Reuters – as you publish data-driven industry reports.
- Sales: Sell into hedge fund and e-commerce clients by leveraging your expertise, intellect, and poise.
- Operations: Build out our business operations and financial processes as we scale to a world class operation.
Yipit Data utilizes Yipit’s proprietary data sets to provide research and analytics on e-commerce to investors. Our current clients include multi-billion dollar hedge funds and some of the world’s largest technology companies.
The workload is highly varied and incredibly intense. Ideal candidates are likely in an analyst program at a leading consultancy, investment bank, or similar, and can demonstrate they are:
- Intellectually and professionally nimble: able to take on a variety of independent workstreams
- An extremely hard worker: ready to make the success of this startup the primary focus of your life
Compensation includes equity, highly competitive salary and excellent benefits
As you can see, the position will appeal to a narrow and exceptional set of individuals. We expect it to be very competitive, but we promise to look at every individual and make an interview decision quickly.
Send your resume or LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org.