Come work with us!
Yipit is the technology layer for sales and deals. Aggregating, structuring and personalizing this complex space is an extremely challenging problem, and we’re just getting started. To do so we’ve built one of the strongest teams in New York.
Data Product Analyst
Are you in an analyst program but interested in technology and startups? Are you an engineer looking to transition towards product management?
YipitData is a profitable, fast growing, data-driven tech startup in New York and we’ve raised $7+ million from blue-chip VCs. Our clients include multi-billion dollar hedge funds and some of the world’s largest technology companies. We’re offering a rare product role to help build out our business.
You’ll gain valuable experience in:
- Analytics: Work with massive amounts of incredibly interesting data. Your comfort with manipulating large data sets and deriving meaningful insights from them, without losing sight of the details, will be critical.
- Customer and Product Development: Work with clients to refine current offerings and develop new product lines to fit their needs. Analyze market demand to determine optimal pricing for new products.
- PR: Develop relationships with reporters from leading publications – WSJ, Bloomberg, Reuters – as you publish data-driven industry reports.
- Sales: Sell into hedge fund and e-commerce clients by leveraging your expertise, intellect, and poise.
- Operations: Build out our business operations and financial processes as we scale to a world class operation.
YipitData utilizes Yipit’s proprietary data sets to provide research and analytics on e-commerce to investors.
The workload is highly varied and incredibly intense. Ideal candidates are likely in an analyst program at a leading consultancy, investment bank, or similar, and can demonstrate they are:
- Intellectually and professionally nimble: able to take on a variety of independent workstreams
- An extremely hard worker: ready to make the success of this startup the primary focus of your life
Compensation includes equity, highly competitive salary and excellent benefits
As you can see, the position will appeal to a narrow and exceptional set of individuals. We expect it to be very competitive, but we promise to look at every individual and make an interview decision quickly.
Send your resume or LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YipitData develops clever ways to learn about businesses through the data they expose online. We specialize in acquiring this difficult to obtain but extremely valuable information through modern, large-scale technology. We are profitable, VC backed, and our clients include the largest funds on Wall Street.
If you're an engineer who thinks they can contribute across the entire business, we’d love to hear from you. You might have significant experience on wall street, you might love data aggregation, or you could be a web technology expert. As we rapidly expand the number of companies and industries we're covering, we need people who can own entire products.
At YipitData you'd be:
- Designing, prototyping, and iterating on new products - quickly.
- Building large, distributed applications on top of Amazon Web Services and Yipit’s existing infrastructure layer.
- Improving a modern code base, with excellent test-coverage, strong infrastructure support, and continuous deployments.
- Working with clients to generate ideas and pitch existing ones.
- Part of a smart, driven, and fun team, committed to growing a new business. (Team, Vin's Blog, Yipit Tech Blog)
We work primarily in python but believe in choosing the best tool for every job.
We offer highly competitive salary, equity, and excellent benefits. Yipit promotes strong engineering and company cultures; candidates should be committed to being a part of a fast growing start-up.
We are highly selective and believe this position will not fit all engineers, however, we can make decisions very quickly for the right people.
If interested send your GitHub, LinkedIn or equivalent to email@example.com.
We're one of the leading Django shops in New York, and our code goes from development to production fast. We have high levels of test coverage, strong CI infrastructure, and automated deployments. We’re looking for extraordinary software engineers comfortable with web applications, databases and distributed systems. The number of years of experience is not important to us.
Learn more about us here, and if interested send a link to your GitHub, LinkedIn or equivalent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll take a look shortly.