Come work with us!
Yipit is the technology layer for sales and deals. Aggregating, structuring and personalizing this complex space is an extremely challenging problem, and we’re just getting started. To do so we’ve built one of the strongest teams in New York.
YipitData - Data Product Analyst
Are you an analyst in a consulting or finance program who wants to run your own company one day?
YipitData is a rare startup where you can leverage an analyst skillset to be a core contributor to the business.
We work with the largest hedge funds to analyze data that publicly traded companies create online. Our goal is to determine key metrics and points of inflection for every public internet company today and the 15 new ones that IPO each year. We are building the future of data driven investment research.
The Product Analyst program at YipitData provides experience in:
- Programming: You’ll learn to code and contribute to all aspects of the development process, from design and implementation to deployment and monitoring
- Product Development: Build new products and learn how to create something out of nothing
- Data: Work with massive amounts of proprietary data on the performance of important companies. Your comfort with manipulating large data sets and deriving meaningful insights from them, without losing sight of the details, will be critical
- Sales: Sell products you develop and be responsible for your own P&L
- Marketing: Collaborate with major media outlets like WSJ and Bloomberg
We are a team of analysts and engineers developing a critical entrepreneurial skillset. Ideal candidates are likely at a leading consultancy, investment bank, or technology company.
Compensation includes equity, highly competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Send your resume or LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YipitData - Data Product Engineer
YipitData is creating the future of investment research by building the premier destination for understanding data about important companies. We are growing quickly, venture backed and our customers include the largest funds on Wall Street.
We believe that an engineer should own all parts of the product they build, so your job will encompass the entire product cycle:
- You'll investigate and evaluate the potential for new products
- You'll help write technical specifications for your product
- You'll take primary ownership for the development and maintenance of your product
- You'll launch your product and have it collect live data
- You'll work with data analysts to refine the resulting data
- You'll contribute to the internal libraries used across products
We work in small, integrated teams, so you'll need excellent communication skills and need to be incredibly adaptive to changing requirements. Accuracy matters immensely, so you ought have an eye for detail and be conscientious about assumptions in the code. Because our products depend heavily on external sources, you should be inquisitive and excited to dig deep into issues.
Although we program in Python, we don’t expect you to know it — as long as you’ve programmed in a modern programming language, we will teach you the specifics of our technology stack:
- Cloud hosting in Amazon Web Services with CloudFormation and Chef
- Databases like Redis, MySQL and Redshift
- Continuous integration and deployment with GitHub, Travis CI and Buildbot
What’s more, during your first two weeks, we’ll also teach you all about our business, covering topics like:
- Financial accounting
- Sell-side research
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send your LinkedIn, GitHub or equivalent to email@example.com.