Silver Spring House Coupons and Deals
Few things are as satisfying as a good meal or the thrum of a crossbow as it sends a bolt into a ham. Hit the spot with this Groupon. Choose Between Two Options $10 for $20 worth of pub cuisine $19 for $40 worth of pub cuisine for four or more The menu includes the BBC sandwich with a beer-battered chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, and horseradish sauce on a Kaiser roll ($8.50), the grilled-salmon salad with cherry tomatoes, red onion, mandarin oranges, and craisins over romaine lettuce ($10.50), and irish nachos with housemade potato chips, colby and mozzarella cheeses, bacon, ...
More than 100 years ago, in a calm corner of Glendale, a man built a tavern called Silver Spring House. Milwaukee residents have come to love the quaint, neighborhood vibe encountered only here: • $15 for $30 to spend on food and drink • Not just food offered here -- there's also league volleyball • The restaurant recently received Milwaukee County Landmark Status An Esteemed Eatery Still mantainting its tavern-like atmosphere, Silver Spring House serves down-home food of American and Midwestern favorites. Order up an "Old Time Favorite" like a beer-battered chicken breast, fresh-grilled burgers, or the customer-favorite cashew chicken salad. Thursday means Thanksgiving-style dinner special, so you can relive America's past at the dinner table in several ways. Silver Spring House's Website
THE HISTORY OF THE SILVER SPRING HOUSEIn September 1835, Gordon S. Hubbard (of Hubbard Park) purchased 152 acres, including the land where The Silver Spring House is now located, for $159.35 from the United States Government.In 1845, Valentine Blatz, a brewery owner, and Charles Kern bought the land and subdivided it. The land that The Silver Spring House now occupies was purchased by Charles Krocker; who in 1856 built a log cabin tavern, The Krocker House. On March 3,1902, a Krocker heir sold his share of five acres and a fire damaged Krocker House to John Kleist.Two years later, north of The Krocker House, Kleist built and named his tavern The Silver Spring House, which is presently our back dining room on the north east end of the building. Our main dining room and bar, formerly a dance hall, was located behind the original tavern. In 1915, it was rolled on logs to the present location. As a second interest, Kleist refurbished the remains of the Krocker House and operated a cigar factory. The main brand was known as"The Heavyweight".The room that is now referred to as "The Garten" was added in the early 1980's along with our outdoor seating areas.In 1921, The Silver Spring House was sold to Herman Reese and once again changed hands in 1925 when it was purchased by William Smith, who was commonly known as "Sticks" because of his wooden leg. Smith attempted operating "taxi dances" (10 cents a dance), an activity unique to its era, but it proved to be unsuccessful.In 1935, Al Hahm purchased the business renaming it The Park Tavern and until World War II served food and libations. He featured a Friday Night Fish Fry for 15 cents and a Chicken Fry for 35 cents. For the next 30 years after the war, Hahm maintained it as a corner tavern.
Every deal, one place.
Best deals from Groupon, LivingSocial and more.