The Yipit API is the highest quality, most comprehensive source of Daily Deals anywhere, and we are excited to see the creative ways you use it! In order to make sure we're being consistent in the use of our content and our brand, we have the following requirements in addition to those in the API Terms of Service. We appreciate your understanding. If you have a question about these, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please DO the following:
- We would like to get credit for aggregating all of the deals. Accordingly, when you present information from our API, please also display the Yipit logo (image below). We also ask that you add text before the logo: "Powered by:" or "Deals from:" so people know where the deals came from. Also, please place the logo at the top of the results, not at the bottom.
- Below the deals, please include a followable link to http://yipit.com that reads "See more deals and coupons"
- We are happy to look at your app at any point during your development to give you feedback. But, please do let us look at it before you launch to make sure it meets these guidelines.
Please DO NOT do any of the following:
- Please do not cache or store data from the API. The API is meant to be used for real-time requests.
- Please do not alter any of the data our API provides. Also, please do not alter the logo.
- Please do not "nofollow" your links to Yipit.
- Please do not use the Yipit brand as part of your brand.
You need to use one of the following buttons to fulfill the Yipit Branding Requirements above. Please link the image (and make sure it's a follow-able link) to http://yipit.com. If you have any questions, please post in our Developer Forum or contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks. We appreciate your understanding and are looking forward to working with you.
Last Updated: June 16, 2011
Yipit is a branded website owned and operated by Yipit, Inc. that helps people easily find and share great local deals.
This document governs the terms under which you may access and use the application programming interface that is made available on this website (the "API") for purposes non-competitive with Yipit, and the links or data transmitted through the API (the "Yipit Content"). This document incorporates the terms of the following additional documents, including all future amendments or modifications thereto (collectively, and together with this document, the "API Agreement"):
By accessing or using the API or Yipit Content, you agree to be bound by the API Agreement. If you access or use the API or Yipit Content on behalf of a company, principal or other entity, you represent that you have authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to the API Agreement and that it is fully binding upon them. In such case, the term "you" will refer to such entity and its affiliates. If you do not have authority, or if you do not agree with the terms of the API Agreement, you may not access or use the API or Yipit Content. You should read and keep a copy of each component of the API Agreement for your records. In the event of a conflict among them, the terms of this document will control.
The API is made available by Yipit, Inc. for use in connection with its service called Yipit ("Yipit"), to enable others to access valuable local information and present it to their end users in new and imaginative ways that are more complementary than competitive in nature to Yipit's own services. With this in mind, Yipit reserves the right to continually review and evaluate all uses of the API, and to deny its use by anyone at any time for any reason.
Yipit reserves the right to modify or revise the API Agreement at any time, and will provide you email notice of any changes in terms. Your continued use of the API after the effective date of any such changes will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes. If YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND TO ANY NEW TERMS, YOU MUST TERMINATE THE API AGREEMENT BY IMMEDIATELY CEASING USE OF THE API.
In order to access or use the API, you must first register for and receive a valid Yipit API Key ("Yipit API Key"). You are only allowed to register for and use one Yipit API Key, unless otherwise permitted by Yipit in writing. All queries sent to the API requesting data must reference your valid Yipit API Key. You agree to keep your Yipit API Key confidential and not to share it with any third party.
Subject to the terms set forth in the Branding Requirements and elsewhere in the API Agreement, Yipit grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to (i) access and use the API to receive the Yipit Content; (ii) display the Yipit Content on your website or internet-connected application for mobile devices ("Your Site"); and (iii) reproduce and display the Yipit name and logo (the "Yipit Brand Features") solely in order to comply with the Branding Requirements.
You may not use the API, Yipit Content, or Yipit Brand Features for any other purpose without Yipit's prior written consent. These license rights are further limited by the restrictions set forth elsewhere in the API Agreement, and all rights not expressly granted to you hereunder are reserved by Yipit. You acknowledge and agree that Yipit may monitor Your Site in order to confirm compliance with the API Agreement.
Yipit is committed to free and open access to our API for non-competitive purposes. However, providing the API does have real costs for Yipit. Therefore, Yipit reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the Yipit API.
You agree that you will not, and will not assist or enable others to:
- use Yipit API for any application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of Yipit.com;
- sell, lease, or sublicense Yipit API or access thereto, or derive revenues from the use or provision of Yipit API, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, unless previously authorized in writing by Yipit.
- cache, record, pre-fetch, or otherwise store any portion of the Yipit Content, or attempt or provide a means to execute any "bulk download" operations;
- modify the Yipit Content, or use it to update or create your own database of business listing information;
- create or disclose metrics about, or perform any statistical analysis of, the API or Yipit Content;
- use the API on behalf of any third party; or otherwise attempt to cloak or conceal your identity or your application's identity when requesting authorization to use Yipit API.
- display Yipit Brand Features or Yipit Content in a manner that could reasonably imply an endorsement, relationship or affiliation with or sponsorship between you or a third party and Yipit, other than your permitted use of the API under the terms of the API Agreement;
- copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sublicense, dissemble, reverse engineer or decompile (except to the limited extent expressly authorized under applicable statutory law), modify or alter any part of the API;
- rate, rank, review, vote or comment on, or otherwise respond to the Yipit Content;
- use the API in a manner that impacts the stability of Yipit's servers or impacts the behavior of other applications using the API;
- display the Yipit Content on any site that disparages Yipit or its products or services, or infringes any intellectual property or other rights of Yipit;
- use the API or Yipit Content in any manner or for any purpose that may violate any law or regulation, or any right of any person including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy and/or rights of personality, or which otherwise may be harmful (in Yipit's sole discretion) to Yipit, its providers, its suppliers, end users of this website, or your end users;
- use the API, Yipit Content or Yipit Brand Features in a manner that could reasonably be interpreted to suggest that Yipit is the author or entity that is responsible, in whole or in part, for the creation or development of any Yipit Content or that such Yipit Content represents the views of Yipit;
- use the API or Yipit Content in connection with or to promote any products, services or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware and/or other malicious programs or code; counterfeit goods and/or items subject to U.S. embargo; unsolicited mass distributions of e-mail ("spam"), actions intended to mislead search engines into ranking some pages higher than they would otherwise deserve ("web spam") multilevel marketing proposals, direct marketing and/or telemarketing activities; hate materials; libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise offensive content; prostitution, body parts and/or bodily fluids; stolen products and/or items used for theft; hacking/surveillance/interception/descrambling equipment; fireworks, explosives and/or other hazardous materials; gambling; professional services regulated by state licensing regimes; and/or non-transferable items such as airline tickets, event tickets, weapons and/or weapons accessories;
- fail to comply with any requirements or restrictions imposed on usage of any Deals by their respective publishers. Although the Yipit API can be used to provide you with access to Yipit Content, neither Yipit's provision of the Yipit API to you, nor your use of the Yipit API, override any specific Deal's requirements and restrictions. In ALL cases, you are solely responsible for making use of Yipit Content in compliance with each Deal's requirements or restrictions.
As between you and Yipit, the API, Yipit Content, Yipit Brand Features, and all intellectual property rights contained in the foregoing, are and will at all times remain the sole and exclusive property of Yipit and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws and treaties (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist.). You agree that at no time during or after the termination of the API Agreement will you attempt to register any trademarks or domain names that are confusingly similar in any way to those of Yipit Brand Features.
Yipit reserves the right, in its sole discretion (for any reason or for no reason) and at any time without notice to you, to change, suspend or discontinue the API and/or suspend or terminate your rights under the API Agreement to access, use and/or display (as applicable) the API, Yipit Brand Features and/or any Yipit Content. Your rights to use the Yipit API terminates immediately and automatically if (i) you violate any of the terms of the API Agreement, (ii) Yipit publicly posts a written notice of termination on Yipit.com, (iii) Yipit sends a written notice of termination to you, or (iv) Yipit disables your access to the Yipit API.
Any termination of the API Agreement will also immediately terminate the licenses granted to you hereunder. Such change, suspension or termination of the API may cause your existing services using the API to stop functioning properly. Upon any termination of the API Agreement, you will promptly delete and remove all calls to the API from all web pages, scripts, widgets, applications, and other software in your possession or under your control; promptly destroy and remove from all computers, hard drives, networks and other storage media all copies of the API, Yipit Brand Features and/or any Yipit Content; and you will promptly certify in writing to Yipit that such actions have been taken.
You agree that your use of the API is at your own risk and you agree to hold harmless, defend (subject to Yipit's right to participate with counsel it selects) and indemnify Yipit and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees and suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and fees (including reasonable attorneys' fee) arising from, or in any way related to your or your end users' use or implementation of the API or any Yipit Content obtained from the API. You will not agree to any settlement that imposes any obligation on Yipit without Yipit's prior written consent.
No Warranties; No Support
THE API, YIPIT BRAND FEATURES AND YIPIT CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY, OF ANY KIND AND AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EXCEPT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YIPIT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, AND DUTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE API, YIPIT BRAND FEATURES AND ANY YIPIT CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, RESULTS OF USE, RELIABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, INTERFERENCE WITH QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. FURTHER, YIPIT DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT YOUR USE OF THE API WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, TIMELY OR ERROR FREE. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE API AGREEMENT DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO ANY SUPPORT FOR THE API. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR IN WRITING, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM YIPIT WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE API AGREEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
THE API IS BEING PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE THAT YIPIT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR BASED ON YOUR USE OF THE API. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL YIPIT OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY UNDER ANY TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR OTHER SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE API, EVEN IF YIPIT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE.
YIPIT WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY, RELIABILITY, OR AVAILABILITY OF YIPIT CONTENT, NOR FOR ANY PERSON'S USE OF THE APPLICATION.
ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE API AGREEMENT MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN (1) YEAR AFTER THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. IF SUCH CLAIM IS NOT FILED, THEN THAT CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. THIS APPLIES TO YOU AND YOUR SUCCESSORS, AND TO YIPIT AND ITS SUCCESSORS. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YIPIT'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY UNDER THIS API AGREEMENT SHALL NOT, IN ANY EVENT, EXCEED US$50.00.
Yipit and you are, and will remain, independent contractors, and nothing in the API Agreement will be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, partnership or joint venture. Although you are permitted to publicize your use of the API, you agree not to make any other statements, without the prior written consent of Yipit, implying a different kind of relationship between you and Yipit, including any implied endorsement of your content, products, or services by Yipit. You do not have any authority of any kind to bind Yipit in any respect whatsoever.
The API Agreement encompasses the entire agreement between you and Yipit regarding the subject matter discussed therein. The API Agreement, and any disputes arising from or relating to the interpretation thereof, will be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of New York, County of New York. The failure of Yipit to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the API Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of the API Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be replaced with terms that most closely match the intent of the provision that is not enforceable to the minimum extent necessary so that the remaining API Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The API Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable, in whole or in part, by you except with Yipit's prior written consent. Yipit may assign the API Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you. The section titles in the API Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Sections 6, 8, 9, 10, and 13 will survive any expiration or termination of this API Agreement for any reason.
Contact and Violations
Please contact Yipit with any questions regarding the API Agreement, or to report any violations of the API Agreement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.