Yipit is the technology layer for sales and deals. Aggregating, structuring and personalizing this complex space is an extremely challenging problem, and we’re just getting started. To do so we’ve built one of the strongest teams in New York.
Typical problems our team is solving
If you're world class in one of these areas, leave your info and we'd love to tell you more about what it's like to work at Yipit.
We're one of the leading Django shops in New York, and our code goes from development to production fast. We have high levels of test coverage, strong CI infrastructure, and automated deployments. We’re looking for extraordinary software engineers comfortable with web applications, databases and distributed systems. The number of years of experience is not important to us.
Learn more about us here, and if interested send a link to your GitHub, LinkedIn or equivalent to email@example.com, and we'll take a look shortly.
Data Product Analyst
Are you a consulting or banking analyst looking to get into the startup world?
Yipit is one of the fastest growing, data-driven tech startups in New York and we’ve raised $7+ million from blue-chip VCs. And we’re offering a rare analyst role to support the buildout of all parts of our Yipit Data business.
In this role, you’ll have the rare opportunity to:
- Analytics: Work with massive amounts of incredibly interesting data. Your comfort with manipulating large data sets and deriving meaningful insights from them, without losing sight of the details, will be critical.
- Customer and Product Development: Work with clients to refine current offerings and develop new product lines to fit their needs. Analyze market demand to determine optimal pricing for new products.
- Domain Expertise: Become one of the most knowledgeable people in the world on e-commerce. We’ve already built the Nielsen of the local e-commerce space and now we’re tackling broader frontiers.
- PR: Develop relationships with reporters from leading publications – WSJ, Bloomberg, Reuters – as you publish data-driven industry reports.
- Sales: Sell into hedge fund and e-commerce clients by leveraging your expertise, intellect, and poise.
- Operations: Build out our business operations and financial processes as we scale to a world class operation.
Yipit Data utilizes Yipit’s proprietary data sets to provide research and analytics on e-commerce to leading players and investors interested in the space. Our current clients include multi-billion dollar hedge funds and some of the world’s largest technology companies.
The workload is highly varied and will often be incredibly demanding. Ideal candidates are likely an analyst at a leading consultancy, investment bank, or similar, and can demonstrate they are:
- Intellectually and professionally nimble: able to take on a variety of independent workstreams
- An extremely hard worker: ready to make the success of this startup the primary focus of your life
Compensation includes equity, highly competitive salary and excellent benefits
As you can see, the position will appeal to a narrow and exceptional set of individuals. We expect it to be very competitive, but we promise to look at every individual and get back to you quickly.
Send your resume or LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll take a look shortly.